The benefits of a yoga practice for pregnancy and birth come recommended by health practitioners as a safe form of exercise for the changes of a woman’s body during this special time of her and her baby’s life.
- Promotes relaxation and reduces stress
- Maintains and improves general fitness for a healthy pregnancy and birth
- Promotes self-love and nurturing for the emotional wellbeing of the pregnancy journey, an empowering experience
- Increases strength, flexibility and agility
- Strengthens and tones the birthing muscles
- Increase body awareness to birth consciously and powerfully
- Reduces fluid retention and improves overall circulation
- Alleviates back pain
- Improves posture and body awareness
- Reduces or prevents common ailments such as heartburn, oedema, constipation and muscle cramps
- Improves coordination and balance
- Connect with other women and discuss pregnancy topics
NO YOGA EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Prenatal Yoga sessions are offered in a private setting in either your home or at at my yoga space in Tamborine Mountain. The sessions are recommended for pregnant women from 12 weeks gestation onwards (when mum-to-be usually starts to feel good in the pregnancy) up until birth. Prenatal Yoga sessions run for 75 minutes. It is not necessary to have practiced yoga before, as prenatal yoga is accessible to everyone as the postures are varied to accommodate your growing belly and changing body. Often this is the first time women experience the practice of yoga and the benefits of a yoga practice.
During your private yoga sessions you will be performing classical yoga postures, pranayama (breath work), pelvic floor muscle preparation for birth, restorative yoga practices, mediation and the use of chanting during labour, all designed for a prescribed practice to suit your unique pregnancy experience and changing body.
Cost: $75 per session or 3 sessions for $215 (to be used within 2 months).
Pregnancy Yoga, practiced regularly, benefits your body during pregnancy with best results achieved through a regular and consistent practice. You will be provided with easy to follow practice instructions in writing after your first session to follow at home.
To book contact Suzie on 0408020372 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoga Props: Please organise your own yoga mat or you can hire one for $2 per class. I do sell good quality budget mats for $25 each in various colours. You will be supplied with props including bolsters, blocks, blankets and straps during your session which is included in the cost.
A Prenatal Student Form will be required to be completed during your first session.